military divorce

Anyone going through a divorce will have to face a number of emotional and legal difficulties. If you or your spouse is a member of the military, the divorce process is even more complex. From military benefits to the division of property, an experienced attorney can help you through the entire process. At the Bentley, Kopecki, Smith, P.C., we help individuals throughout the world going through these types of divorces filed in the Pennsylvania area.

Divorce And Military Personnel

Our divorce lawyers work with soldiers, war veterans and spouses of veterans who are going through a divorce when one party is still serving in the military. In addition to helping our military clientele through the divorce process, our divorce lawyers can help by establishing powers of attorney for our clients, so we can act in their best legal interests when they are away serving.

Military members have to deal with traditional divorce concerns as well as legal concerns specific to military members. By law, in some cases, military benefits and pensions must be split with spouses. Our divorce attorneys will make sure you understand your rights and options when it comes to the following rules governing military divorce:

  • Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
  • The Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (SSCRA)
  • Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act (USFSPA)

With more than 40 combined years of experience dedicated to family law, our lawyers help individuals from Fort Indiantown Gap to Afghanistan and Iraq through the military divorce process. From child custody and support to the division of assets, we will guide you through the process. We are grateful to the soldiers and spouses who have given so much for us to be free.

Contact Our Divorce Attorneys

Whether you contact us online or you step into our Wyomissing, Lancaster or Lebanon office, you will speak to someone who will lend a sympathetic ear and measured counsel. All we do is family law and criminal law, so contact us today for a free initial consultation. Call 610-685-8000 for a free consult.